Thursday, April 24, 2014

The Kids Were Here: April | Personal

When a group of Springfield Photographer friends and I begin this project, called "The Kids Were Here", I knew it might be a little difficult for me with just 1 young baby.  Even though E is very good at making messes for me to document, they seemed at that point little more than random piles of toys.  I'm sure I will reflect more next month in our final month, but this project has definitely been special to me, and I will be sad to see it go.  Every month, we make more messes that are really the product of playing together, and experiencing new things together...this project definitely marks a year of major development for us!  If you missed March's circle, you can view it here.

I love this quote about the project from one of the original photographers, and think it perfectly describes this process.
"...It's not really about messes at all, but the stories they tell. It's about traces of childhood I see throughout my home on a daily basis.  It's about the love we share together.  It's about living and being...creating, making, learning and trying.  This project leaves me a beautiful story each month of the reminders that Kids are here now...and the time, well, it's all too fleeting, isn't it?  We all need to embrace these moments and just live them too; because they really are the best moments of life."
-Ginger Unzueta

This month, our vehicle obsession continues!  We also decorated for Easter in some less-big kid ways than others (no egg decorating here yet, but we are great at putting up and peeling off bunnies from our windows), and have been stocking up on baby girl clothing for late July!
 photo KidsWereHereApril_0005_zpsdcbed279.jpg
 photo KidsWereHereApril_0006_zps0c55bd10.jpg
 photo KidsWereHereApril_0007_zpsffa945db.jpg
 photo KidsWereHereApril_0008_zps270c2212.jpg
 photo KidsWereHereApril_0009_zps5fe2f85f.jpg
 photo KidsWereHereApril_0002_zps99dd55c2.jpg
 photo KidsWereHereApril_0003_zpsd1ec0dde.jpg
I know there are technically kid legs in this image...but the baskets were constantly spilled by the 1-3 year old crowd, and it cracked up adults up!
 photo KidsWereHereApril_0004_zps64a4374d.jpg
E set these up while I was organizing one day...we are all quite excited for baby sister to arrive!
 photo KidsWereHereApril_0001_zpsea0bdb10.jpg

Make sure to check out my talented friend Angie's blog here and complete the circle!!
If you want to view the original project by Ketti Photography, who has kindly allowed us to take part, click on the image below.


No comments :

Post a Comment